Although the YPrintIt service was created with the goal of reducing and eliminating the need for printed cards, we also understand that some people may still wish to have a printed version of their card. The use of QR codes in our service also allows for a printed card to be transfered electronically.
- 1) Go to www.yprintit.com, and log into your account.
- 2) Select Edit Card from the My Cards menu.
- 3) Locate the card you wish to share, and click on the green button in the upper left hand corner of the card. This will display the QR code.
- 4) Download the image of the QR code to your computer. This image of the QR code can now be added to any printed project.
- 5) Hand out your printed card that contains the QR code just like you would any card.
- 6) Receiver launches the application and logs into their account (if not already logged in).
- 7) Receiver clicks on receive card.
- 8) Click on Use Camera to Scan, and take a picture of the QR code on the printed card.
- 9) The card will be added to the rolodex.
Option 2 - Complete transfer at a later time
- 6) Receiver simply takes a picture of the QR code on the printed card with the phone camera.
- 7) Receiver then installs the application at a later time.
- 8) Once installed, the user logs in their account and selects Receive Card.
- 9) Click on Get from My Photos.
- 10) Select the correct QR code from the camera roll. This will insert the card in the rolodex.